Friday, August 16, 2013

Rumors Rumors and more Rumors....




So the leaks have started and the Sim world is swirling with rumors about what Sims 4 will be like.  Apparently the official Sims magazine in Germany got a sneak preview and they have published some stuff that is sending people into a frenzy. Things like:

* No create a style
* Emotions are more important than needs and affect all aspects of sim behavior
*multi-tasking
*a romance meter and a friend meter that work independently of each other
*furnishings that have more effects on sim emotions and moods
*block style building with walls that can be pushed and pulled
* The ability to sculpt a sim by adjusting more body parts independently
* hats that can be added to any hairstyle

And on it goes.  If you want to see some images, Gothican has posted some on a thread on the main forum and you can find them here: Sneak pix of Sims 4



No create a style?  Whaaaaa....?  I am going to keep an open mind.  I recall all of the speculation that swirled around Sims 3 before it came out and how many of the things we thought ended up being wrong, or different, or just changed in some way.   We simmers are a finicky bunch.  I admit it.  We know what we like and we don't particularly like change...so every new thing is generally regarded with skepticism and wariness.  I am going to wait until the 20th when I get to see things for myself.  I will post as much info and pix here as I am allowed by EA, so please check back next week.

In the mean time, I am repeating the same thing over and over "keep an open mind."

2 comments:

  1. Ruthy, I am hoping you can put the CAS rumour to rest. In reality however, most people no longer fully utilise the CAS function like they used to. I however love it like you and would hate for it to be removed, but if it is, I thought it would be on the chopping block. I think the thing i hope gets changed the most is the hair. It makes me cry inside T_T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief, I can't imagine why they'd get rid of CAS after its popularity in TS3. I read somewhere that EA stated they were going back to the original Sims in some aspects, but I don't think that's the way to do it. Hopefully it's just speculation and not a confirmation. I look forward to the truth! Hopefully they let you share a lot of photos with us, particularly of the available clothes, hairstyles, etc. :) Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I build lots for people to use in the Sims. I have created hundreds of lots that have been downloaded by people all over the world. My work has been featured on the official Sims 3 site, several Sims 3 fan sites and in Game Informer magazine.
I am a mom...a gamer...a book worm...a worrywart...a fan of architecture, interior design, and all things Grumpy Cat.